IT sales leads can be pretty hard to come by, especially if you are in the IT managed services industry. You might not be able to attract a lot of customers. That can happen if your offer is pretty much the same as that of your competition. You need to effectively differentiate the products or services that you have in order to generate interest from the market. Once you got the attention of these prospects, you can then work on turning them into qualified B2B leads. For that to happen in your IT appointment setting campaign, you need a little creativity here. It is not that much of a tall order.
Mind you, you are not the only one who has to think of all the answers. You can also ask your employees, too. What you need here is how to properly manage them, help bring out their potentials. That is your job as the marketing manager or business owner. There are many ways to do that, each one as effective as the other. The only difference here is its appropriateness to your business. One method may work for one business, while it may not apply for the other. Still, if you are looking for something basic for starters, you can always try this suggestion below:
- Bring them all together – as the first step in creating a good B2B lead generation plan, you have to get everyone to participate. It does not have to be that large, but it is important that you get at least one representative from each department. This will help create a more accurate viewpoint.
- Let them solve a problem – present them the issue you have in mind. Allow them to discuss with each other the answers to that problem. Make sure that each one is contributing by managing the conversation. Just do it in a minimum so that everyone gets to speak their mind out freely.
- List down their suggestions – this will let you put into proper perspective all the answers they have given out so far. If possible, have these solutions ranked according to the most applicable to your business. In this way, everyone will know where they are currently standing and what solution is being worked on.
- Discuss the chosen solution – remember, for an appointment setting strategy to be successfully carried out, you have to work on getting everyone on board. This means talking to them about the chosen marketing strategy to employ, check for agreement, and make the necessary adjustments in case there are objections to some aspects of it.
- Carry out and follow up – this process can get a little dicey, since you do not know yet if it works or not. You have to carefully observe things. Try organizing a telemarketing survey for some follow-up work. In this way, you can be more aware of how things are going.
Keep in mind that creativity is not the sole territory of the upper management. For your IT appointment setting campaign to be creatively improved on, you need to get everyone in your company involved.