If there is anything that an IT telemarketing manager has to look out for, it has to be employee burn-out. After all, this is one of the biggest culprits of reduced IT sales leads productivity, employee health problems, and a slew of other issues that a small business may be hard-pressed to deal with. Considering how stressful it is for telemarketers to work in an IT market, burn-out can be a real threat to a business’ ability to find more B2B leads. And while you might think that you know all the signs, you might want to take a second look. Some signs of burn-out can be a surprising as:
- Guilt – if the appointment setting work is too much to handle in one day, your employees might feel guilty about it, spurring them to work even more the next day. It is a repeat process that only brings bad results.
- Failure to focus – when your people are tired, or overworked (related to point number one), they tend to lose concentration on their work. When that happens, they end up producing less quality sales leads.
- Mood swings – barring other, physiological, reasons, sudden changes in mood can be due to a massive burn-out.
- Isolation – getting separated from the others, either emotionally or mentally, can be a sure sign of getting overwhelmed by work.
- Drinking too much – this is also another sign of burn-out, although it could be symptoms of other problems as well.
Once you notice these tell-tale signs on your lead generation team, better take a closer look at your people and see what you can do to help.